Use joints, bones and muscles to build creatures that are only limited by your imagination. Watch how the combination of a neural network and a genetic algorithm can enable your creatures to "learn" and improve at their given tasks all on their own.
The tasks include running, jumping and climbing. Can you build the ultimate creature that is good at all of the tasks?
Created by @keiwando
For an extensive explanation on how everything works click on the "?" button in the creature building scene (I highly recommend everybody to read it). I also recently compiled a lot of my answers to common questions in this FAQ.
Please be aware that this is more of an experimental simulator that a real game. There are no achievements or player rewards. Even if a creature of yours reaches 100% fitness, you don't win anything except for (hopefully) lots of excitement and joy.
Here's a video with some great creature designs by KeiraR that you can use as inspiration for your own creatures:
Important note: If you want to save your own creatures you have to use the downloadable Mac/Windows/Android/IOS versions:
I finally had a week to work on another big update:
- You can now move joints after you’ve placed them
- There’s also an optional grid to help you with placing the joints
- Customizable Neural Network size
- Delete saved creatures and simulations
- Option to watch the creatures one at a time while they simulate
- Option to simulate a generation in multiple batches
- Adjustable advanced simulation settings
- You’ll get to see more stats about the best creatures
In addition to these new features I’ve also fixed a bunch of major and minor bugs.
Update: 1.1: The download versions (Mac/Windows/Android/IOS) now allow you to save and load whole simulations.
Click download now to get access to the following files: