Library of Babel 3D
This is my 3D version of the Library of Babel, inspired by the short story by Jorge Luis Borges. It is more of a simulation than an actual game, so don't expect any objectives or achievements but just let yourself be overwhelmed by the endless scale of the library.
This 3D version is inspired by Jonathan Basile's brilliant website libraryofbabel.info.
Visit the website if you are interested in the whole idea and don't forget to read the original short story by Borges. This app will make a lot more sense afterwards.
If you find a librarian, you can click on them and they might tell you something they "translated" from the gibberish of the books they've read.
The browser version seems to struggle with rendering the lights properly, so I would definitely recommend using one of the downloadable versions.
WASD - move around
mouse - look around
space - jump
(hold) shift - run
left click - select book
H - hide the overlays
If you'd like to experience the Library of Babel with a VR lookaround feature you can try out the iOS or Android version.
- The library works fully offline now (pages are not loaded from libraryofbabel.info any more)
- Redesigned the search interface
- Improved mobile controls
- Various usability improvements
- iOS 13 support
- Improved performance
- Support for 19:9 and above aspect ratios
- Smoother transition between hexagons
- Increased render distance
- Improved Graphics (can be turned on in the settings)
- New Option to display the pages with a larger font size
- Various other fixes and improvements
- No need to manually deselect anything anymore
- Drag to move camera (got rid of the second joystick) [mobile]
- Search results now get highlighted
.. and other minor improvements and fixes
If there are any problems or questions, feel free to ask me!
Click download now to get access to the following files: